Excelsior Land Property Development
With several years’ experience creating and managing portfolios worth circa £330m throughout the UK, our speciality is mixed use residential and commercial development.
From site assembly and development to asset management, our aim is to ensure completed projects provide strong investment returns.
Excelsior Land works closely with a number of land owners, managers and funds. Whether it’s a “Developers Eye” consultancy or a complete development solution, we would be delighted to assist in either the residential or commercial property sector.
At Excelsior Land, we also have our own property portfolio of residential developments in the Midlands and South East. We are always on the lookout for good opportunities with or without planning to purchase. Typically we look at acquiring sites with the potential to build between 1 and 12 units.
For more information or to contact us regarding a potential site, contact Eoin O’Cearbhaill. Eoin is the Founder and Managing Director of Excelsior Land and has a PhD in Structural and Civil Engineering, as well as over 10 years of development experience.
Commercial Property Examples
- Cleared site with planning permission for 14 apartments, 2,152 sq ft restaurant use and 1,591 sq ft office space
- Planning obtained for further 21,000sqft office development, GDV circa £9m
- Freehold block of 11 apartments
- Planning application submitted and granted for an additional storey to contain 4 new apartments
- GDV circa £1.2m
- Cheyne Walk London – high end refurbishment
- Solved significant problems with service charge and outstanding debts of the vendor
- Dealt with HMRC and other creditors and made the property saleable
- Traded in 3 months from purchase
- Ground Rent portfolio worth estimated £5m
- Predominantly London and Home Counties
- Partnership with ground rent and land managers
- Maximised income from property from insurance, small works, refurbishment and lease restructuring/renewals/alterations
- Also obtained planning permission where possible for new development
- 26 residential properties sourced and bought in Stratford area over 6 month period
- 2 commercial buildings bought on Stratford Gyratory
- Total asset value before sale of approximately £7m
- Portfolio asset managed by renting, refurbishing and completing small works to add value and cover finance costs. Commercial assets had new leases negotiated on better terms to Local Council.
- Portfolio sold for a net return on equity per annum of 45% after the Olympics decision was made
- Over 55′s housing
- 15-unit new build scheme
- Plus courtyard manager accommodation and a car port for each unit
- £8.5m GDV generated from 19,175 sq ft net saleable area (average £443 psf)
- No affordable housing requirement
- Commercial building over basement, ground and first floor with car park at rear
- Restructured existing lease to maximize return while obtaining planning
- Planning obtained for 14 flats plus two retail units with further potential, GDV circa £2.9m
- Investor decision to continue to hold